Sunday, September 2, 2012

Piggy bank... dreaming of Paris

Good morning crafters.

Elizabeth here, with the last of our recycling inspiration projects this week.
I used an old hair- color packaging to make a piggy bank. I thought it would be a fun gift for a friend who always says she wants to go to Paris, but it's never a priority... I hope this will give her an excuse to put some change aside, so who knows.. maby she will see Paris sooner than later:)







This is what I used as a base for my little piggy bank, some leftovers from me trying to cover up my grey hairs.. lol.










It looks much better now, don't you think:

I used Pion Papers, this one is the Blue Pansy 6x6 from the For Mother Collection. On the front I stamped two swirls with my Prima stamps, added a diecut with a coin-hole and painted it all with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint, Picket Fence. Then I distressed the corners with Vintage Photo distress inks

Here is what it looks like from the top:
 I glued the gorgeous Alençon lace around the box as a base. On the top I added cheese cloth, some corrugated cardboard, and a tag I made from Pion Desingn paper. The flowers are a Gardenia flower and Roses With Glass Pearls  from Kort og Godt. I also used some pearl string

 Here is another one of the gorgeous Kort og Godt flowers, and a Vintage Pearl Pin from Maya Road


Here's the other side of the box.

I hope we inspired you to use what you have around the house to CREATE!

Please scroll down to see our monthly challenge post! 
Wishing you a wonderful and creative Sunday!

Hugs, 
Elizabeth 

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is stunning, so delicate and pretty, really feminine, I love it.
    hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and it looks fabulous. Maybe this will inspire your friend to start saving xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wONDERFUL IDEA!
    And you would never know that it started out as an old box....it's beautiful!
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! ELizabeth, your creation is stunning!! And very clever! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Elizabeth, now i need to start dying hair again :D I want a piggy-bank lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought, you have created a masterpiece from a bit of rubbish! Genius! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea Elizabeth. Your creation is amazing and very inspirational.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete