Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall is in the air...Merry Monday!

Good Evening Everyone,
It's Sandy here. I've spent most of the day getting my head around how to install and configure a third party sweepstake application on Facebook, but now it's in place!!!
You'll find it as a separate tab underneath the Cover Photo:

The draw closes Thursday evening at 8PM GMT. Please make sure you read the sweepstakes rules before entering. The prize this week is a set of these gorgeous Autumn Leaves from Prima.


...and yesterday I had a little play session with them:


As you might recall, last week's theme here at the Inspiration Blog was Hunting & Picking Berries/Mushrooms. I don't know about you, but personally I was blown away by the DT members' creativity and the versatility of the projects showcased. To quickly recap, on Tuesday we had Tina's lovely vintage tag, on Wednesday Becky's  beautiful gingham Tilda card, on Thursday Elin's hunter layout, on Friday Karita's shabby songbird card and on Saturday Elizabeth's gorgeous gift box.

As there had been several projects with berries, I thought I'd go down the mushroom route, and to my surprise I actually had quite a few stamps with mushrooms in my stash. :-) I chose to ink up the sweet "Aurora on mushroom" by SCACD. Coloured with Copics; to achieve that shiny surface, I added a layer of Glossy Accents to the mushrooms.

 Obviously, with last week's delivery of the new Landstoken papers, I had the ideal sheet to use; "Magic Mushrooms". I combined it with Ridderholm Design's "Friends" from the Huntington Garden Collection, which has plenty of beautiful papers in Autumn hues. Behind the image I also placed some jute fabric.

The big mushies I cut from the paper and placed on 3D foam pillows. I also took the chance to use some of the new sweet Poppies. Apart from these red ones, they're also available in pink and white. The large orange-apricot flower in the top right corner placed over the leaves is from Prima's "Kennedy Antique" Flower set.
The metal corners I hope to have added to the store by EOB tomorrow at the latest.

 The red berries are from my stash, but I now have these cream coloured berries from Kort og Godt in stock. Stock is limited though, so if you want to get your hands on those, you better hurry up!

That's it from me tonight. Please stop by tomorrow when we start with a new theme here at the Inspiration Blog.

Hugz,
Sandy





No comments:

Post a Comment