Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Circus Trixie

Hi everyone, Becky here today with my take on Carnival. I decided to go with two meanings, being from the UK I tend to think of carnival as fairgrounds, parades, circus' etc. In fact in Hartlepool we have a fair that visits us every year, and has done since the 1200's, which culminates on Carnival Saturday, this is in August. 

So when I first saw this challenge, after the initial, eek what have you given us now Sandy, lol, I immediately thought of this image, and then with it being Shrove Tuesday next week, or Mardi Gras, and if I have it right, Mardi Gras is the end of the Carnival, so I went with the Purple and Green of Mardi Gras, I toned down the yellow to cream, so it's sort of there in spirit.

Phew, what a lot of waffle, here's my card.


I've used papers from my favourite collection 'Shall We Have Coffee', and have distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz tool.


As always there are links to everything at the end of the post.


I have coloured Circus Trixie in with distress reinkers, I love all of her hair.


Thanks for looking,

Hugs,

Becky xx



1 comment:

  1. Love the colours on her tutu, and the shading of her hair is amazing. Gorgeous embellishing as ever here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete