Monday, March 25, 2013

Now and Then

Morning,

As usual I'm kicking off the new week and a new theme, and I think you are all going to have a laugh along the way,  but I first have to report some cruelty behind the scenes.  We all love Sandy but this week she has targeted us all to re-do a card that we made a long time ago, as far back as you can go. We have all been cringing at the thought and I was hoping I wouldn't be able to find the stamps, but I'm honest and I did, so I am here today under duress, lol.  Seriously, we still love you Sandy and thank you for making us do this, even though I am still cringing and daren't open my laptop today,  it is actually good to go back and re-create a card you made before to see how far you have come, and to all those emails that I respond to about my colouring, I always say practice, practice, practice and hopefully you will see what I am talking about today, oh god I am hiding.......

So here it is the THEN and the NOW side by side. This happens to be my very first card that I made using a coloured image and my very first colouring. It dates back to January 2009.  I think it's fair to say that I have always liked flowers but my love for embellishments has definitely grown, lol.




They have both been coloured using distress inks for a direct comparison and on the NOW card I have used PionDesign Lily of the Valley 12x12 paper and you will notice a little shabby white frantage around the edges of the image, hehe, love this stuff.  The lace at the bottom is just beautiful.





A little Angel resting on the bark heart, cute.

I have used the little present charm with the words, "for you", perfect for this card. The snowflakes were cut out with accetate and dipped into diamond dust.

A cascade of flowers consisting of KortandGodt Berries, Gardenia, Flower sprays, white poppies and Chrysanthemums all with a dusting of Gesso, hehe, not sure I've done a card without either snow tex or gesso.




 Enjoy the rest of the week, I can sit back and relax now mine's out in the open and see what the rest of the girl's have re-created starting with Tina tomorrow, so be sure to check back, it will be awesome!

Hugs Tracy x


6 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy this is fabulous! What fun! But you know we do not look t the before, just look at the 'after' and what a difference all those lovely papers and embellishments make! Brilliant! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both gorgeous Tracy, obviously today's card is more stunning but your older card is so much better than my cards of years gone by (blush) I've always admired your work.
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme this week, can't wait to see all of your creations!!! How fun to see how you have developed your style!
    love all your gorgeous details and amazing coloring, Tracy! Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny idea! Your cards look both very pretty. But of course the newer one I like best.
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I could stare at this card for hours and find something new each time!
    xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete