Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Personal Challenge

Hi Everyone,
As usually on Saturdays it's Sandy here.
I hope you haven't missed that our March challenge went live yesterday; the theme for this month is Easter. I had a busy week so I didn't get around to creating anything for the challenge, but I hope to be able to do so in the next couple of days.

For today though, I set myself a challenge...yellow!
Now yellow is not a colour I tend to use very often...as a matter of fact, I avoid it as much as I can.
I'm not sure where this aversion against yellow comes from, but possibly it's from growing up in Sweden, where we have the expression  "gult är fult", which basically means "yellow is ugly". :-)

But is it really that bad?
I wanted to find out....
 I've used one image from the "Bouquet" sheet by Pion Design. As you can see, her dress is tinted in yellow. The papers are "Beautiful Ladies" and "Ranunculus" from the "For Mother" collection, also from Pion.
As this week's theme is pearls, I used all three different pearl strings available at the store: around the image there's the 2mm pearl string, over the flowers I wrapped a piece of the string with 3&8 mm pearls and at the bottom there's the new pearl string with 6mm pearls. There are also some Melissa Frances pearls, two pearl hearts, and the berries pins.
The pins are currently out of stock, but I'm expecting a delivery end of next week.

Same goes for Lace "Greta Garbo", which I used at the bottom of the card, together with the Cluny Lace with Threaded Ribbon in Cream. There's also a tiny piece of the cream coloured Maya Road Organza Roses Trim attached to the heart die cut out at the top of the card.

Here are some close up pics:

Isn't the little Easter Bunny Charm adorable?!!!
The seam binding is the "Vanilla Cream", and I attached a trinket from Prima's Tea Thyme Set with it.

I don't have many yellow flowers in my stash, and the Cherry Blossom flower I found was a bit too yellow for my taste, so I toned it down with Gesso. :-)

Summa Summarum:
I think it's only fair to say that yellow is never going to be my favourite colour, but it ain't too bad, I think, and I'd definitely not go as far as saying that it's ugly! :-)

Have a great weekend and please stop by tomorrow again to see Louise's pearl project.

Hugz,
Sandy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sandy! So soft and delicate. You don't have to be afraid to use yellow ever again! This is gorgeous! And... you made me need to go shopping- again! Lol...all those delicious embellishments...
    Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åe nej, gul er ikke grim, men meget smuk, det er jo selve solens farve, jeg har mange gule bluser i mit skab, og elsker at gå i dem. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. liebe Sandra deine karte ist ganz zauberhaft !! das ist ein pastell gelb das mag ich sonst ist gelb auch nicht meine farbe ;o)) aber das hier sieht einfach nur toll aus ! du hast die Karte so schön gestaltet !!
    ganz liebe grüsse
    deine tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. gult är en svår färg men du har lyckats fantastiskt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was für eine wunderchöne Karte, da passt wieder alles so perfekt zusammen.
    Also Sandy, das ist ja auch kein richtiges Gelb. Aber das habe ich schon öfter festegestellt, dass viele Bastlerinnen gelb meiden. Ich musste auch so vor mich hin schmunzeln, weil ich gerade ein Prohjekt auf dem Tisch habe, bei dem ich Gelb in richtig sonnigen Tönen verarbeite. Und dann ist das neue Osterthema bei LLC dran. Morgen!
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sandy. In fact it is the nicest yellow card I have ever seen. You inspired me to try yellow, but I need some of that paper first! lol In fact I will be back soon because I am out of things already, incouding the cream Shabby Seam binding. Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

    ReplyDelete