Saturday, March 16, 2013

Delightful Maja 4 Cherish

Hi Everyone,
It's Sandy here and today I think I'm beating my all time lateness record. Louise better watch out otherwise it might turn into Sunday before I get around posting my card... LOL.

As you probably know by now, this week's theme is to create something based on this inspiration photo from Ljuva Hem in Nödinge, Sweden:

I chose the photo, but I promise that my choice was based purely on this picture's beauty and usability, I had not thought about which papers to use beforehand...

But, I did find -in my opinion- the perfect paper to match the wallpaper in the picture; "1910" from Maja Design's Vintage Summer Basics Collection, and this is what my card looks like:
Today I have spent time learning how to mirror and weld shapes together with the Silhouette Cameo, so this is the result. The card base is the backside of 1903, the inner panel as already mentioned 1910, the frame around the image is Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Rectangle Die and it was cut from the backside of 1924. Also the sentiments (from Whimsy Stamps) were stamped with brown ink onto 1924. The heart shape is Magnolia's So Wrapped Lovely and for this one I used 1932. All edges were inked with "Walnut Stain".

The image is called "Cherish" and is a brand new one by Hannah Lynn, my favourite!

Despite all the new laces and trims, I reached for some old favourites; the white "Fleurs de Jardins" lace and the "Heather Pink" Rhinestones Lace. There's also a bit of bling on the butterfly and the flower; I used some Victorian Velvet Distress Stickles.

Here you also get a better look at the new Kort & Godt Hortensias and the mini bark heart.

Thanks for stopping by - please visit us again tomorrow to see Louise's project.
Hugz,
Sandy




3 comments:

  1. deine karte ist wieder wunderschön gestaltet liebe Sandy und das motiv so toll koloriert !!!!
    ganz liebe grüsse
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely, adorable, inspiring creation hun! LOVE it!

    Well...she's a mermaid, so...it's her tail!
    ...and she is "sitting" on a stone :)

    Have a lovely Sunday, I'm going to have a walk, it's a sunny day here!

    Hugs, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sandy! Love the papers and the image is delish! Beautifully coloured too. Big hugs from 'down under', Wends x

    ReplyDelete