Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Hello everyone you have me today instead of the lovely Becky, yep the lucky gal is on her Jolly Holly-days ;0)
So the theme this week was to use the new Pion Days Of Winter papers.........let me tell you these are soooooooo darn gorgeous & 100% drool worthy mmmmm.
Now originally for my card I had actually used another LOTV image but when I was about to schedule last night I saw Tracy had used the same image lol...........great minds think alike. Luckily I ALWAYS have LOTV images coloured & at the mo I have a few crimbo oones too ;0)
I lurve blues on christmas cards, I have to say its probably one of my fave crimbo colours...........I even have blue & silver on my crimbo tree lol.
Can you see the beautiful lace.........I could spend ages looking & drooling over the laces that Sandy stocks........I wish I had the money to buy it all & lots of it lol.
I added lots of frantage to this card, shabby white on the Bark Star. On the snowflake edge I used Shabby Blue & the little Snowflakes I used Shabby White. I also added Gesso here & there. For some reason the fir cones have come up very dark in this pic :0(

This is the inside, I have not put anything there to write on yet as I wanted to show you the gorgeous scene, isn't it soooooo pretty!!! I have inked the edges with pumice & as always machine stitched all the layers.

I made a banner myself using a LOTV sentiment stamp & a scrap piece of Maja Design paper. I also added Gesso around the edge for the snow effect. The little bottle I added micro beads in, its what I call magical christmas dust & I attached 2 very small bells ;0)

 I have used the same technique the lovely Elise uses on some of her cards. I stamped the image with Versamark then embossed with white powder then coloured with distress markers. Its a bit like coloured a lightened image when doing the no lines effect so I recommend having a stamped image next to it for comparison. Of course I also added lots of glitter.
I made tags from the small images, these are both Magnolia Doo-Hickey tags & I've added Pion images to both as well as seam binding, lace & of course a charm on each ;0) Of course the tags slide into a small mini bag. There is also a doily under there some where :0/
All links to products used are below. The small lace I used for the tags is called Lace Petite.


Sandra has re-opened her gorgeous store today, go pop on over to see her fabulous newly designed website..........I had to take a peek before doing my post. Its gorgeous & suits the style of the shop to a tee..........so beautiful just like the stuff she sells.
Go on have a good shop.........especially if you are like me & are now suffering withdrawal from the website being offline..............it was like being without the internet, being without caffeine............being without craft stuff!!!!!!! arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!! Its ok though as its back online.......phew I can go get my fix now;0)

Okie doke I'm away now, sorry I have run late today we've had a builder here to do measurements for my daughters bathroom............yep that will teach me to schedule wont it...
Tattty bye & thanks for stopping by mmwah.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card, inside and out and the little labels are a superb extra. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card...and gorgeous papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super chique card! Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete