Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sense and Sensibility

Good Eve Everyone,
It's Sandy here today instead of Becky, who's having to deal with a bad beahving computer.
Don't you just hate it when that happens?!!!

Anywho; this week since it's Cannes Film Festival it's all about movies.
My movie choice is Sense & Sensibility, the filmatisation of Jane Austen's classic novel.
Doesn't this lady look a bit like Emma Thompson?!!! :-)


She can be found on Pion Design's vintage image sheet "Bouquet".
The paper used on the front here is "Purple Rose" from the gorgeous Alma's Sewing Room collection, also by Pion Design.
This is a rather large book card:
Seam Binding is used to keep it closed.
The large lace bow ~with a wild mulberry rose in the middle~ is the beautiful "Lace Juliette".

The spine has been decorated with some shabby rose pearl organza trim:


The wide elegant pearl lace is "Lace Princess Grace",  and the one applied to the top and bottom is "Lace Aurelie". 



Here's the inside:



The paper is Purple Wallpaper, again from Alma's, combined with the backside of 1922 from Maja Design's Vintage Summer Basics. I made a little pocket for two tags, that I stamped sentiments on, but unfortunately I forgot to take pics of them. :-(

Inside the box there's a dress...the chic kind the women wear in the movie. :-)

The background paper is "Purple Room" from Almas, and the lace all around is "Valerie".


The dress is hanging on a Maya Road Love Hanger. For the sleeves and parts of the dress I used one of my favourite laces,  "Lace Madeleine".  I decorated with some rhinestones lace and one also gets a glimpse of her petticoat - glitter tulle trim from Maya Road.
The dress itself was made of "1922" and "Grandma's Porcelain Cups". For a belt, I used the pearl trim with beads;  I also decorated with an organza rose and some 2mm pearl trim (also used for the necklace).

For the back I used the sheet "Ladies' Wardrobe" and a rest piece of "Purple Rose".
The lace all around is again "Lace Aurelie2, which is quickly climbing the list of my favourite laces.

Some details:

Thanks for bearing with me....always a lot of pics to show when there's a book card. :-)

Hugz, Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is an absolutely stunning masterpiece Sandy. The detail is out of this world and I am so in love with that gorgeous dress.
    The lady does look a bit like Emma Thompson!
    I have a feeling this was a gift from you to your best friend!? If so, what a wonderful keepsake.
    I can't stop looking!
    Sending big crafty hugs your way. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extraordinarily beautiful. .what an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sandy!! This is sooooo amazing!! I'd love to be "Helena" :D So gorgeous details! Cover is so beautiful, the dress is so beautiful, everything is so beautiful!! I'm so happy you have time to craft and what a crafting! Totally gorgeous :D
    Lots of hugs and take care!
    Minna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what to say this is truly amazing such time and patience its wonderful Love and hugs Caroe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real showstopper, stunning.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete