Saturday, May 9, 2015

Precious Little Darling

Helloooooo everyone, how are you all? Vicky here today using the uber delicious new Maja Design 'Vintage Baby' papers..........OMWord these are so so gorgeous & maybe my favourite as they are perfect for much more than just baby......now that's a collection, one that can be used for so many occasions ;-)
I made this card in the week & meant to schedule as I had the doctors this morning but then forgot :-(
Now I have so many baby images, my faves are LOTV, Magnolia & La La Land brought out 2 fabulous baby images..........so what do I choose???
.......yep I cheated & used pieces from the gorgeous collection instead. However I did make more than one baby card, all not finished though lol. So I will be using all my fave images at some point lol.
For this card I used the 6x6 Maja Design Vintage Baby Pad, inked all the edges with Pumice Stone distress ink & machine stitched all layers.

I made a bow with the beautiful Organza Ribbon Sandy has in her store & added some Pomegranate Apples underneath........I think I'm addicted to these things lol........but they are so priddy ;-)

Inside was done to match the front. The edge is a Magnolia Doo-Hickey die. The centre will have white card added to it to write on I just havn't added that yet.

So the image I cut from the 'Vintage Baby Emphemera Cards 12x12 sheet', I distressed the edges just very slightly with the Tim Holtz tooly thing, inked it & added it to blue card, sewn around the edge, then added it to fine corrugated card which got the gesso treatment first.
I cut a tag from the Vintage Baby Die Cuts 12x12 sheet & added a Boy Stamp from the 6x6 pad, distressed the edges & inked them. I cut Baby Boy from the Die Cuts sheet.
At the top I added scarps of lace, shabby seam binding & hung a gorgeous little Dummy Charm.
Oh also added a fab spoon which I've had for soooo long lol......

Of course no card is complete without beautiful lace & Sandy stocks the most gorgeous lace, I have used 2 here. There is also a doily under there. of course there has to be flowers...... I think even though its for a boy, a Baby Boy card is one you can definately get away with putting flowers on ;-)

Okie dokie, that's it form me today. Its normally family day but my family have all gone down Yorkshire for the Summer Madness Fundraiser. Summer Madness is for car enthusiasts but they raise a lot of money for charities & stuff as well. So we are getting more DIY done in the kitchen, as its just me, hubster & Natalie..........who is currently watch Disney's Tangled lol.

Enjoy your weekend lovelies, thanks for stopping by. Sorry I've babbled a bit lol........maybe you deserve a good shopping trip now over at Live & Love Crafts ;-)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx


3 comments:

  1. LOVE your card Vicky, such a beautiful layout and I must get some of these little spoons, there gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete