Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Paris Hanging

Hello everyone Vicky here today with something to resemble Spring In Paris......
Well as I've never been out of the UK, I went on Pinterest for this one & tbh the most things I saw was Pink & Cherry Blossoms lol. However when I think of Paris the main thing I think of is 'LOVE' & so that's what this is about with bits of Paris thrown in...........I hope lol.
The love part is for my daughter, it's a Hanging for my daughter Natalie.
........well its certainly pink lol. I have of course used the super gorgeous Pion Paris Flea Market papers, this has got to be my favourite Pion collection. I used a Go-Kreate die to cut out the main shape, then matted it onto coorugated card which I also painted with Gesso.
Papers have been machine stitched.
I cut a Butterfly form one of the sheets & added a Tim Holtz Pen Nib to the centre.
Behind that I added a Heart Shaped Doily & also cut out a heart shape in corrugated card & again painted it with Gesso. There is also a Cheery Blossom there ;-)
So from a 6x6 sheet I cut out a small postcard & also a couple of stamps from a 12x12 sheet & attached them to more corrugated card in the shape of another heart........yep lots of hearts lol.
There is also a Cherub/Angel there........well it called for a Cherub/Angel lol. One of the postage stamps I cut out is a Fleur De Lys.........In french 'Fleur' means flower & 'Lis' means Lily.
I also thought I might as well attach a larger one lol. This is a chipboard one from my stash which I covered in gesso, shabby pink fran-tage & shabby white fran-tage. I also added a resin frame & placed another postage stamp inside that.......this one of course is of the eiffel tower........

Added lots of gorgeous flowers, Beaded Stamens & Pomegranate Apples which I lurve. I also added a pearl string in amongst the flowers.
I've used a Melissa Frances Hanger to hang it. The super gorgeous image is one of Pion's Flower Girls. I picked this one because she is so pretty like my daughter & also faintly at the bottom there is french writing.........I think anyway lol. 
Of course lots of lace & organza rose trim as well.

Well that's it from me hope you like my hanging.........tbh I'm not sure if I don yet so will see how I feel when her room is finished lol.

Take care & enjoy your weekend.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxx



2 comments:

  1. Totally amazing this is so fabulous the detail is stunning I've spent ages looking at all the different embellishments its just perfection. Your daughter will love this pretty wall hanging in her room I know I would. Enjoy the weekend love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete