Monday, April 7, 2014

Beside the seaside..... beside the sea

Hi Everyone,

Where did the weekend go.... seriously I have been working hard behind the scenes on a couple of projects and I seem to have lost my weekend.....roll on Friday :)  I hope you all got to enjoy the weekend and are ready for a fun filled week of inspiration from the LLC girls.  The theme this week is "Postcards" and I really wanted to use the new reprint ones that Sandy has got in store, they are so vintagey and gorgeous, but I also sooooo wanted to use the image in my card from the new PionDesigns Shoreline Treasures as it's my Sister's birthday soon and I know for sure she is going to love her, so I'm afraid for this week she won.

Sooooo, you've guessed it I've used the new Pion Design Shoreline Treasures papers and also the vintage postcard from the 12x12 image sheet.  I also cut another postcard from the matching Tags   sheet.


I used the back of the paper to cut the Tim Holtz Butterfly Border and used the script side for the top of the butterflies.  The butterflies on the actual card were cut from my favourtie diecut sheet by Pion Design Studio of Memories cut out sheet as was the little letters to spell "Sister".  I added a metal rose to each of the butterflies on the card.


The floral bouquet on the right is made up of the new gorgeous kort and godt curled roses, foam flowers, the new berries, pearl vintage pin, flower spray,  20mm rose and a 30mm wild rose, a few sprigs of the shabby blossom spray and of course some gesso.


On the top left I I have put together 3 of the kord and godt curly roses.  The tag has  the perfect charm for this card, an oyster with pearl, yummy.  Finished with some vintage seam binding, 3mm and 8mm pearl string and popped into a little envelople concealed under the postcard.


I have added some sea shells, well I had to really didn't I, lol.  These were placed onto some Dutchdoobadoo honeycomb MDF, ooooooo I love this.  A little coating in gesso was also added and I cut out the tickets from the tag sheet also, perfect although you can't see the wave I created with them, hahaha.


I have used Euphoria lace, cheesecloth and also some organza roses with pearl.



I hope you like my card for my Sister :)

Have a good week.

Hugs Tracy x


Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful, I have used this DP also but is is totaly different, Hugs Liesbeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, love this one, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ! Beautiful seaside-colors :D Love those new PD papers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!! Love! Love this card, stunning design and the papers are beautiful!
    Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is so gorgeous. Just wonderful. Gr Marja

    ReplyDelete