Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wedding Guest Book

Hi everyone! It's Alyce here and today I'm sharing a special project with you all ^_^ I've created the guest book for our upcoming wedding by altering a journal and using a whole bunch of Mixed Media Techniques :)

I've used a bit of the beautiful Maja Designs papers in the middle there... doesn't it add a lovely touch! :) I've tried to pick up the pinks from the papers and add it to the embellishments using a Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


The letters were just cut out of cardboard and then I gesso'd them and then added a texture paste through a stencil. After they dried, I inked with the pink in parts, and painted gold around the edges. I've also applied frantage in random spots on the letters and the whole piece.


I hope you've enjoyed my project! You can find some of the products I used below :) Have a lovely day! 

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning - I have never tried mixed media - a bit frightened of it I suppose! Would like to have a go so can you give me an idea of how you did the background on this creation. thank you. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia! Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! ^_^ It does look tricky but it's actually quite easy and fun once you understand the basics! It's just about playing, getting messy, and having some fun :) If you want to learn a little more, I actually teach online classes over at Kit and Clowder - there is one on Mixed Media that is great for beginners... we go through all of the different products, what you do and don't need, and how to do a whole bunch of basic techniques. Then we create some finished projects with these techniques :) Here is the direct link if you are interested! :) http://www.kitandclowder.com/product-page/5bc00a88-cfae-d3a9-61c0-babb793e4003

      Delete