Friday, December 13, 2013

My Birthday Card

Well this week LLC has left it wide open for us to create ANYTHING so I made a birthday card.  As much as I've been loving making Christmas cards, it was nice to be working with something different, well not different but different for this time of year.

I started with Maja Design's "Vintage Autumn Basics" and layered with a couple of doily's.  Seems like a perfect match for some shabby chicness don't ya think?


I added this Maya Road vintage wood birdcage and popped up a cute little lace bow at the top.  For the frame I backed it with some of the Autumn Basics paper and added an "hb" for the happy birthday sentiment.  OF COURSE I couldn't resist not dusting it with my new favorite new item GESSO!  LOVE THAT STUFF! 


This sweet image is "Vintage Violet" from Saturated Canary.  In my bouquet on the left I used a newer die from Spellbinders simply called "Corner Fourish" and added some gorgeous Wild Orchid flowers also available now at LLC. 


Well I suppose this is my last post before Christmas as we are taking a few weeks off so I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!  Happy New Year as well!! 
Hugs,



2 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed. Love colours and your accents of gesso.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing designed birthday cards. I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete