Saturday, December 7, 2013

It Came Upon The Midnight Clear

This week's theme has been a joy to play with!!
 As we have entered the oh mighty December, the radio and computer are playing Christmas songs close to 24/7 here :) And I have to admit, that even though there are loads of gorgeous Norwegian Christmas songs, there is nothing like the voice of Josh Groban singing 

<3<3<3 "It came upon the midnight clear" <3<3<3

 In case you didn't know, this week we are to be inspired by a Christmas song, and my card came to live whilst listening to Josh Groban.  The cuties in the image remind me of the angels in the lyrics of the song. They are from Pion Design's tinted paper named "Warm Clothes".
Arent' they cute?!? I have added loads of little wooden stars, that are covered with gesso and star dust. The card base is a disposal paper bag, which I also covered with gesso before decorating. I have used some lovely papers from Maja Design's Sofiero collection, as the papers from Vintage Frost Basics didn't land in my mailbox until after I had finished this one ;) (Next week, I promise!).
The card base is frantaged (if that is even a word?) and I have used shabby white seam binding with a red and white Baker's twine. I have also used the white organza roses trim, and added a gesso covered lantern charm to finish it all off.
"True Christmas Joy is to be found in children's eyes"
The inside is also splashed with frantage, and a Norwegian Christmas sentiment.
The other stamps are from Inkido.
Have you made all your Christmas cards and written the Holiday Wishes for your friends and family? ;)

Hugs & Kisses


5 comments:

  1. O, how beautiful!!!!!
    I really love your creation!!!
    Wish you a nice december!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the different shape and gorgeous design Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies :) Wishing you all a lovely December and hoping for a calm and white Christmas ^^

    ReplyDelete