Friday, June 12, 2015

Sailboat Love for Father's Day

Happy Friday, crafty friends! It's Karen with you today to share my take on Sandy's weekly theme of Summer: Sun, Sand, and Sea.

Masculine cards are always a challenge, but Pion Design's Shoreline Treasures offers the perfect color palette and designs to ease the pain. ;) My DT box of new goodies remains en route, but I had some perfect little extras from LLC to guide the design.

With Father's Day only a couple of weeks away, I used this opportunity to create a shaped card for my superhero dad. :o)
The deep browns and blues in Shoreline Treasures are gorgeous and felt perfect for a sailboat. I used each of the 6x6 sheets in the collection for various components. I love the blue script for sweet memories sailing along the sea. :o)
The shipping wheel is adorned with Shabby White 6mm jingle bells and one of my favorite LLC charms: pearl oyster. They are secured together with a triple bow of jute twine. Since Sandy's new shells haven't yet arrived, I fussy cut several from a tag on the Warm Breeze sheet.  The anchor is also fussy cut from the same sheet. The shell strip along the top of the ship is one of the gorgeous borders from the Dragonfly sheet.
I continue to adore Maya Road metal embellishments! Previously I used the Love Hanger and Love Heart Clips... today I'm using the Love Pennant Clips. As I was contemplating what to use for the ship's banner, my eyes landed upon this sweet clip! I tucked it beneath my woven jute twine to guide my love to my dad. :o) The Bark Star adds amazing texture which I was looking for in the absence of flowers and trims.
The Father's Day specific greeting is reserved for the interior. I want all of his days to be filled with sunshine, so I used a border tidbit from Dragonfly on the front. :o)

Thank you for sailing on by! Have a beautiful weekend. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Just amazing so many fab embellishments its stunning Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing, Karen!! The details are just stunning!! I love the papers and the design - everything is fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!! Your Dad will treasure it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. wauuuu schitterende kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete