Thursday, June 18, 2015

Baby Girl Shoes

Hi Everyone,
Sandy here today with a project for this week's themes "pearls".
I happen to be born in June, so I'm lucky to have the pearl as my birthstone. 
I love pearls, and as you probably know; the LLC store is filled with many different kinds of pearl embellishments... there are buttons, pins, trims and pearl laces...

A friend of mine had a baby girl some time ago, so I decided to make these tiny paper shoes.
The talented Tara of Tara's Craft Studio, who generously shares many cutting files, has great templates for both baby boy and baby girl shoes. You can find them HERE. I used the girl shoes template and traced it in the Silhouette Software and cut it out with my Cameo.
This is the first time I've used Maja Design "Vintage Baby" collection; it was sooooooooo difficult to choose which sheet to use, but in the end I decided to go with "Baby Shower" as it had shoes on it. :-)

The trims used are the 8mm Pearl Lace with Beads, and the 6mm Flatback Pearl String.
As a "fastening button" for each strap I used a 12mm Pearl Button with Rhinestones.
 To the front of each shoe, I also added some small pearls.


The lace in the back of the shoes is "Lace Madeleine".
The strap was decorated with 15mm & 10mm WOC open roses in ivory and the new colour, "Pink Mist" and some pearl stamens.

Hope you find the shoes as cute as I do!
Many thanks for stopping by.

Hugz, Sandy


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy...wow gorgeous looking baby-shoes. Every detail is so well worked out. I love them !
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baby shoes Sandy!!! So many pearls and so girly and cute!
    I'm visit the LLC almost every day and enjoy everything I see!
    A very talentfull DT (oww...difficult to write English, but you understand me, do you)
    Have a nice Summer and succes with the Store and Challengeblog!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I can see how much effort you put in this work.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow!!! These little shoes are simply adorable. The detail is stunning and your choice of gorgeous LLC embellishments look amazing.
    Another of your masterpieces for me to drool over.
    I hope you are well and enjoying our so called Summer!
    Sending lots of big crafty hugs. Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exquisite pair of shoes, adorable.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy these are absolutely amazing. they are beautiful. You are so talented, absolutely adore them. xxx

    ReplyDelete