Thursday, July 24, 2014

Easel Card with a Surprise

Hello everyone DT Vicky here, running late I might add. I knew I was posting on Thursday but then for some reason thought today was Wednesday.
Anyway here I am finally, better late than never lol. Ok so today I have an Easel card for you that has a wee little surprise in it. I havnt made an easel card for sooooooooo long.

I've used uber gorgeous Maja Design papers, I soooooooooooo love Maja Design & what I love about Maja is they do 6x6 pads so you have a choice & I dont have to cut into 12x12's for doing 6x6 cards. Of course I also love the fabulous quality. I've inked all the edges & machine sewn around them.

This is the bottom of the easel card & as you can see on the back part I have made a pocket to house a tag for which to write a message on. The 2 sentiments, 'You are Fabulous' & 'Made With Love' are from Stempelgledes 'Just A Note' stamp set  Also if you didnt know, like if you have been abducted by aliens or something ;0) Sandy has the new Vintage Baby & Vintage Christmas stamps by Stempelglede in stock...........oh my gosh are they gorgeous!!! Go here to see the range.

Ok so here is the surprise, I like to add a nice sentiment on the bottom part of an easel card, so I created a pocket to put a tag on which you can write your personal message on. I than made hinges so that folded forward to reveal a secret little slot which you could put money in. It stays closed with velcro. I love how it turned out tbh ;0)

I have used one of my favourite Magnolia stamps, this is Prima Ballerina Tilda which I have coloured with distress markers. I've also stamped a postage mark with a Magnolia stamp & stitched around the image onto the frame.
Here is the easel card in full, these are so hard to photo dont you think?...
I have used gorgeous lace, one of my faves actually..........need more of this one & used Organza Rose trim, I truly love this trim. There is also a doily in the top part that you can see peeking out.
All links to items used are below.

Sandy is away on her fabulous holiday having a well earned rest..........so wished I could have fit in her suitcase. Anyhoo's even though she is on her jolly hol's you can still order form her store & she will post them all when she returns. So all orders placed will be posted on Monday July 28th.
Think we should place lots of orders to let her know we miss her............also we would want her getting bored when she gets back home lol.

Well thats all my babble for today, thank you so much for stopping by.
Hope you are all enjoying some lovely weather & getting to chillax.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxxxx



8 comments:

  1. A stunningly beautiful card Vicky.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love this hidden pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning in every way!
    Soooooo much gorgeous detailing, just takes my breath away!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly gorgeous Vicky. Love the hidden treasure. lol. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO This is so beautiful, a very nice card, love it!
    Hugs from the Netherlands, liefs Hanny♥,
    http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. faboulous love this beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the stunning details on this easel card, Tilly

    ReplyDelete