Monday, December 5, 2016

Challenge #54 LLC Smörgåsbord

Hi Folks,
Sorry to keep you waiting for the LLC challenge; December is such a busy month isn't it?! Enough stress and "to-do's", as it is, so that's why I decided to give the DT (and myself!) a few extra days to complete this month's challenge project.

Not only is it the last challenge of 2016; as I am closing the store,  this will also be the last LLC challenge. The store will still remain open for some time to come though and there's still plenty of stock left. If you haven't checked out the CLOSING DOWN SALE yet, where EVERYTHING is ON SALE, you really should stop by and check out the bargains!!!
liveandovecrafts.com

Many thanks to those who entered last month's challenge, White Christmas; the randomly drawn winner is...
 
Congratulations Marie/ Primia.
Please drop me, Sandy, a e-mail to claim your prize.

Now; finally what you've been waiting for; the theme for our last challenge is
...

 LLC Smörgåsbord
???

You're probably thinking "what on Earth is she on about", so let me explain. :-)
For those of you not familiar with the word this is how Wikipedia defines it:
Smörgåsbord (Swedish: [ˈsmœ̞rɡɔs'buːɖ) is a type of Scandinavian meal, originating in Sweden, served buffet-style with multiple hot and cold dishes of various foods on a table.

Most of you will probably know I'm Swedish, so this felt very apt. :-D
For the last challenge I wanted an "open" theme so that as many crafters as possible can take part, and surely we could have gone with "Anything goes", but personally I feel it's a boring theme and not much of a challenge...

So instead I came up with the idea of bringing you a Smörgåsbord of *vintage* LLC challenges!
That's right; challengeS - you will have 10 different ones you can take part in!!!
The more times you enter...the more chances to win.

Still confused???
Please continue to read...it will all be explained further down.

We've had lots of great themes throughout the years...PINK every year in October to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we've done different Spring challenges and Nautic ones during the Summer. Some more unusual ones were Chocolate and Perfume, I'm sure you all have your favourites (and maybe also some you dispised, hehe). On this occasion though, I have chosen the challenges that have been unique to LLC, just like the store always has been. ;-)

A) TINA'S SKETCH (February 2013)

B) LOUISE'S BINGOBOARD (April 2013)

C) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (September 2013)

D) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (November 2013)

E) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (March 2015)

F) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (September 2015)

G) CHRISTMAS TIC-TAC-TOE (November 2015)

H) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (April 2016)

I) BECKY'S SKETCH (June 2016)

J) PHOTO INSPIRATION COLLAGE (September 2016)

Nice trip down memory line, huh?!
If you're in need of inspiration, you can just click the hyperlink above each picture to get taken to that particular challenge.

Here are the DT's picks from the LLC smörgåsbord:

FRANZ
B - Louise's Bingo Board (Lace, Doily, Metal)
D - Photo Inspiration Collage
G - Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe  (Heart, Glitter, Vintage)
J - Photo Inspiration Collage

BECKY
E - Photo Inspiration Collage
I - Becky's sketch

ALYCE
B - Louise's Bingo Board  (Doily, Vintage, Two Designer Papers)
J - Photo Inspiration Collage
SANDY
B - Louise's Bingo Board (Lace, Doily, Metal)
G - Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe (Glitter, Snow, Star)
J - Photo Inspiration Collage

So there you have it; the LLC Smörgåsbord/Buffet is open. :-D :-D :-D
Now take your pick(s)!!!
This gives you a chance to take part in a challenge you may have entered before but loved so much you'd like to make create something for it again, and maybe there was another one that you missed out on earlier but would have loved to take part in. Pretty cool, huh?!!! :-D
The Linky will stay open until January, 24th, so you will have plenty of time to enter. 

Remember; you can enter all 10 challenges, but only one entry per "sub challenge". You may combine one or more sub challenges. To clarify; you could combine one of the sketches with 9 of the sub challenges (i.e. using the same sketch with all the different photo collages/the bingo board/theTic-Tac-Toe) but the sketch entry would only count one time.

I hope I've been able to explain how it works. If not, please feel free to leave a comment below and I'll try harder. :-) 
 Please enter the number of your entry behind your name, i.e:
Sandy - 1st entry
Sandy - 2nd entry
Sandy - 3rd  entry
VERY IMPORTANT! Please also don't forget to state on your blog which sub challenge(s) you are taking part in.

We hope you'll enjoy this last LLC challenge!

Hugz from Sandy & the Team

5 comments:

  1. Well this gives plenty of options to enter! As always, the design team creations are absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to miss this challenge and it's wonderful inspiration! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry this and your lovely fabulous lush store are closing. Great work from the DT as always and thanks for so many challenges to finish off x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning makes from the DT ladies!
    I'll never find another store like yours Sandy! So very sad to see you close.
    Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year!
    Good luck with where ever life takes you!
    Festive hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to see the store closing. :( But the DT made stunning creations for this last challenge.
    I am participating, but I forgot to add "1st entry" (my entry is number 65) next to my name. Sorry! I tried to delete it and enter it again ,but I can't. :( I can't seem to edit the name either. If I can do anything to fix this, please let me know. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries; I've updated it. Thanks for entering and your lovely comment.

      Hugz Sandy

      Delete