Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wedding Memory Box & Card

Hi Everyone, 
Sandy here and for once I actually have a project of my own to share with you. :-) 
Beware though this is a PICTURE HEAVY POST. 
Since I don't craft very often, I have to make up for it somehow. Hehe ;-) 
A couple of weeks ago I attended the wedding of my brother and sister in law in Germany, and this is what I made for them:
It's a very large shoe box that I have altered into a wedding memory keepsake box.
This is by far the largest project I've ever worked on; a 12x12 inch paper didn't cover the lid of the box, hence I had to put a stripe in the middle.
The papers I have used are from Maja Design.
The blue one is April, 5th from Maja's Vintage Spring Basics Collection, and the brown/white one is Princess Margareta's Garden from the gorgeous Sofiero collection.
Around the whole box, I attached the champagne coloured Lace Reinette, an all time favourite of mine. The latch set in front is from FabScraps; it's just for show, but it looks good, doesn't it?! :-)
The lace across is the stunning "Lace Empress Alexandra".
This is what the box looks like from a bird's perspective.
If you are an old follower, you'll probably recognize previous LLC DT Member Elin's trademark, namely the text strips.
Sparkle is this week's theme - I used Stormy Sky Distress Stickles for the chipboard letters.
They're very blingy, but somewhat hard to catch with the camera.
The circle of love :-)
The circle is made up of lilies, carnations and roses, all from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I also wrapped some white pearl string around the flowers.
In the middle there are two large bark hearts, which were frantaged with "Shabby White".
Then a banner with the Maya Road mini sewing spools, the letters have been cut out from a Pion sheet and distressed. I also used a love charm, which I applied stickles to.

Collage with close up pics:

I also made a matching card:
For the card I used my absolute favourite paper ever... it's "Ornament" from Pion Design's Studio of Memories collection. The frame is cut out from "Anemone 6x6", from the more recent Flower Frames collection.
Played with UTEE to achieve the vintage crackled glass effect.
This is what the inside of the card looks like.
Used a die to cut out the plate for some writing, the mini bag was perfect to place some money bills into.

Many thanks for looking.
Hugz, Sandy

BOX INGREDIENTS


5 comments:

  1. Wow Sandy this memory box and card look gorgeous! Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a stunning box and card, love the subtle blue and white
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Sandy! Absolute gorgeous ! But so i knew it would be ;D Totally amazing box and so beautiful card, I love the colors, laces and the lay out.
    Take care ! Hugs from Minna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy deine Box ist WUNDERSCHÖN geworden...! Traumhaft mit den schönen Papieren, Spitzen, Blumen, Herzen etc. es gibt 1001 Dinge zum entdecken auf deinen Kunstwerken! Dein Bruder und seine Braut haben sich bestimmt ganz besonders über dein persönliches Geschenk gefreut und werden es für immer in Ehren halten...?!?!
    Alles Liebe,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, absolutely stunning. Love the soft shades of blue, the lace and your cracked glass. Magical keepsake.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete