Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sketch It!

Good Morning,
Sandy here. This week it's my turn to host the challenge over @The Sketchy Challenges. I don't know about you, but me personally always find it easier to get started with a card when I have a sketch to follow. The Sketchy Challenges is a fun challenge blog with a great new sketch every other Saturday. There's always a prize for one lucky random winner and this forthnighly challenge Live & Love Crafts is sponsoring with a Store Voucher.

Here's the card I made following my sketch.
I masked the sweet Swedish Tilda (being Swedish I'm just mildly ashamed I didn't choose to colour her in yellow & blue :-)) onto a swing.
The heart in the top left corner is the Magnolia Die "So Wrapped Lovely" and I also used "Sweet Lovely Lace". The two sentiments; "Loving Wishes" & "Especially for You" are also from Magnolia.

 The Heart Pins are from Maya Road, and so is the Beaded Center Piece in the left hand corner. The large Hortensia Flower, which I inked a bit with "Victorian Velvet" is from Kort og Godt, and the ribbon was tied with Chantilly Lace. The Wooden Butterflies are from Maya Road; I painted them with white Crackle Paint and then inked them with Victorian Velvet and attached some "Dark Chocolate" (love this new rich colour!)  liquid pearls to them. I think that was it....no wait; the Pearl String is from Reprint and as usual I used loads of Stardust Stickles. :-)

Have a good weekend everyone, and please stop by tomorrow to check out Elizabeth's lovely project.

Hugz,
Sandy




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    your card is full of beautiful goodies, I love the design, she looks wonderful sat on the swing!
    I now have the chocolate liquid pearls on my list.
    Have a lovely weekend, love,mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woowwww your card is sooooo pretty!!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy this is just poor heaven so much fabulous detail and a superb image just wonderful! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy hi , this card is so amazing , how pretty are all those details and what a fabulous colour palette . You make the most beautiful cards well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wow this is stunning knew I should have bought those butterflies !! Next time lol . I like sketched too so shall have a bash ! Just love the heart die with the numbers !! and the colours on her are lovely ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what pretty cards, love the pastel colouring
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card:) so sweet image and some elegant details!
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete