Saturday, July 13, 2013

Roses and Butterflies...

Good Morning, it's Sandy here to show you what I've done with the Crafts & Me image I chose to work with today. In case you've missed it, this week the LLC DT Members have been using images from Crafts & Me's new line of digital vintage stamps on their projects.

As we're only posting every 2nd day now in July, there are three projects this week by Tina, Elin and myself and next week you have four to look forward to from Tracy, Becky, Eulanda, and Louise.

Roses and Butterflies are things that belong to Summer, just like ice and snow belong to Winter!
Winter however seems a bit distant at the moment, with the glorious sunshine and warm temperatures we've been enjoying for over a week now here in the UK, so today I've got this Summer card to share with you all:
The beautiful image is called "Dreaming" and I loved playing with her.
Another thing I also loved playing with for the first time was the gorgeous papers from Sofiero, Maja Design's new Limited Edition Collection.

Here I've used "Strolling Down The Rose Path", "The Elegant Wine House", and "Enjoying the Lovely Fragrance". The butterflies are from May, 6th/Vintage Spring Basics, and as you can see they go perfectly with the Sofiero papers. That's actually one of the things I find so neat with Maja Design's collections; they're all different, but yet they fit so well together.

Now some details:
The frame around the image as well as the Shabby Bark Heart were both frantaged, and what better colour to use than "Aged Rose" for all the lovely rose papers on this card?!!! To add a bit of shabbyness, I applied some crackle paint (Picket Fence) to the papers and on the embellishments.

Speaking of shabby, the Kort & Godt Hortensias are amongst the shabbiest flowers I know, aren't they just gorgeous?!!!
The wide lace at the bottom of the card is the Venice Scalloped Rose Lace, and along the strip with roses I used another favourite of mine, the white Pearl Lace with Beads. The bow is of course my/LLC's own seam binding;  this is the colour "Sweet Sage".

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to stop by on Monday, when Tracy most certainly will have something spectacular to share with us all.

Hugz,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. I saw it on Instagram but boy what a fab card, just had to leave a comment here also, hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love this card! just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the roses!! The card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Sandy,
    Deine Karte ist wunder-wunderschön. Ich liebe alle Details daran! Sie wirkt so romantisch.
    Der Vintage-Hänger von Melissa Frances ist gut angekommen, nochmal vielen Dank für den Gewinn.
    Ganz liebe Sonntagsgrüße
    Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy a really beautiful card I love all the lace and butterflies thank you so much for making such a wonderful card with my Crafts and me digi's.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete