Monday, January 14, 2013

For You

Hi Everyone,

I'm back.  It's Tracy here. This week the DT will be inspiring you with Monochromatic projects.  I'll let you into a little secret,  when I joined my very first challenge team and I learnt one of the themes was Monochromatic I wanted to hide under the table, I never thought I would be able to do it, the theme just scared me soooo much and so did white on white.  But now I have to say I love it, and my favourite colours are all the cream and browns, so guess what colours I used today, lol.

I have used papers called Riddersholm Design called Tea Room  and used both sides of  the Riddersholm Fleamarket Notes.  All panels have been stitched.  The image is by Sarah Kay called Noel Joy and I have had her in my collection for a couple of years now and this is her first time meeting ink, OMG how bad is that.


I have coloured her in vintage photo distress ink and cut out the panel with a spellbinders die and layered onto another spellbinders scalloped oval and a spellbinders floral oval, I must have a thing about spellbinders at the moment, lol.  I added some tulle pleat trim , around the floral oval before mounting onto the papers.

Have you seen the beautiful Bark Hearts.  Priced at just 99p and you get four.  Don't they just look fab for Vintage cards and would look fab on Valentine cards too.  I added a Vintage Findings Beaded Centre and some Shabby Seam Binding.  The text, "For You", is from Maja Design It's Christmas Time Die Cut Sheet.  As you can see, it's not just for Christmas.


In the top left I have used a  Gardenia flower coupled with  some gorgeous Kort and Godt Chrysanthemum's and swirled with the 3mm and 8mm string pearls.

The edges were distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a sprinkling of Snow Tex, here and there.  Told you I loved this stuff, lol.


A close up of  the gorgeous brass butterfly with added pearls and a dusting of snow tex, he he he, it gets everywhere.
The whole image was coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Oh  I nearly forgot there are two pins tucked away under my bark heart embellishment arrangement, one of the berries pins and one of the vintage brown hat pins, yum.


Lastly I finished off with some cream organza roses and some of the new lovely Cluny Lace with threaded trim.

I hope I have inspired you today and I look forward to reading your comments.  As always click on any of the pictures below which are directly linked to the product in the LLC store.

7 comments:

  1. Tracy I love this! Absolutely stunning! It is good to be taken out of our comfort zone occasionally, it makes us try new things. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, brilliant card and I adore your coloured Noel Joy image!
    Love,melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! Stunning card!!! :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this over at Tracy's and it's completely and utterly stunning - jaw-droppingly beautiful monochromatic work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job Tracy. I have this stamp and love it colored in browns, great idea. I will have to do that in the future. Thanks for the inspiration. I think monochromatic can be hard too. Especially with the creams and browns. But with the last card I made I broke through. I was so happy about that. Actually, the card I made is the one I entered for the January Challenge here at Live and Love Crafts. My card is number #13 in the linky spot if you want to see it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, love the butterfly!
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. I'm the opposite--I want to hide under the table when I have to come up with a color palette. Monochromatic seems easier for me.

    ReplyDelete